If you are a citizen of Carroll County and have your pet spayed or neutered, you are eligible for 100% reimbursement for the cost of the sterilization procedure on the animal you are adopting or own. To be eligible, the following requirements must be met:
- Your pet must be sterilized (spayed or neutered by a Carroll/Galax area Veterinarian)
- You must provide proof of the procedure and an invoice. These will be turned in to the Carroll County Finance Office in Room B220
- You must provide proof of purchase of current year animal license for each dog
- You must provide proof of a rabies vaccination for each dog or cat
- Provide proof of all Real Estate and Personal Property taxes have been paid
- No more than 2 dogs or cats per household per year. (Example: 2 dogs or 2 cats or 1 dog and 1 cat).
All information, bill and tax information must be provided to Felecia Bowman, in the Finance Office (room B220). Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Once these items have been verified, the Carroll County.Finance Office will issue a reimbursement check to you in approximately 30 days. The reimbursement fee is only eligible to resident households of Carroll County and limited to two (2) pets in a Fiscal year. The sterilization reimbursement program covers only the costs associated with the sterilization itself. You are responsible for the remaining costs of any other associated costs incurred with the veterinarian. The program is funded for a specific amount in a budget year and is limited to a first come first serve basis until the funding is exhausted.
Download Reimbursement Form Here.