Description : General Definition of Work
Performs intermediate skilled administrative support work assisting with the preparation of the regular monthly billing, obtaining user agreements and easements for new water projects, receiving, processing, recording and accounting for utility revenue and various other fees, preparing and maintaining records and files, entering data, assisting the public, processing payments, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Customer Service/Billing Supervisor and PSA Executive Director.
- Answers telephone; responds to customer questions or directs call to proper person or department; receives visitors and customers; assists customers with rental agreement and accepts deposits.
- Responds to inquiries and telephone calls from the general public; explains policies and procedures.
- Receives and processes daily cash for utility bills and other fees and charges.
- Receives and processes incoming and outgoing mail; checks drop box for payments; checks agent dashboard for online payments; prepares and mails customer correspondence.
- Balances daily cash and processes bank deposit; makes daily deposit; calculates monthly transfers.
- Prepares work orders and delivers to appropriate maintenance personnel; closes work orders when appropriate.
- Balances credit card transactions and closing; posts virtual check payments; calculates monthly transfers.
- Takes payments over the telephone; enters monthly Ach drafts.
- Assists with preparation of regular monthly billing; calculates and prints monthly past due bills; prepares monthly disconnect list; calculates and prints final bills; develops and maintains monthly bills and claims files.
- Obtains water/sewer user agreements and easements for new water projects.
- Reads meters on assigned routes and records consumption.
- Closes out program and conducts daily back-up for office.
- Prepares Public Service Authority meeting minutes; prepares information for board meeting packets; attends water meetings as necessary.
- Enters new customers/system information into accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and office assistance techniques; general knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; general knowledge of department programs and policies; ability to operate standard office machines, including personal computer; ability to perform detailed record work; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to perform arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and moderate experience in general office support work which included customer service and the use of personal computers, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting and repetitive motions, frequently requires speaking or hearing and occasionally requires standing, walking, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
- Possession of or ability to obtain Notary Public certification within six months of employment.
- Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
To apply, complete the employment application located on our website. Applications can also be obtained through the Human Resources Office at 605-1 Pine Street, Hillsville, VA.
For more information, contact the Carroll County Public Service Authority at 276-730-3170.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled