The Deputy Treasurer/Bookkeeper performs skilled administrative work maintaining financial records and reports and works under the supervision of the Treasurer.
Essential Job Functions
- Keeps accurate financial records.
- Deposits all monies in the name of and to the credit of the County into banks and depositories designated by the Treasurer.
- Disburses funds, issues checks and drafts as ordered by the Treasurer and County government.
- Provides an account of all financial transactions daily/monthly.
- Assists auditors with preparation of required reports and annual audits.
- Must maintain current knowledge of municipality financial practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Treasurer.
- Ability to use municipality accounting system software and other software such as Microsoft Office Suite with a comprehensive knowledge and ability in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of and ability to use general office equipment
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively, to manage multiple accounts and to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
Education and Experience
High School Diploma with Coursework in Accounting along with Accounting/Bookkeeping Experience; or Equivalent Combination of Education and Experience; Associate Degree in Accounting Preferred
Contact : Please complete the employment application located on our website and attach a resume when submitting.
Applications can also be obtained through the Human Resources Office at 605-1 Pine Street, Hillsville, VA.
Application review will begin Thursday, December 7th
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled