Would you like to learn more about the electoral process and earn service learning hours?
The Director of Elections/General Registrar and the Carroll County Electoral Board encourages you to become an election page for the upcoming November election.
AS AN ELECTION PAGE, YOU WILL...
- Serve a 2-hour shift (or more if you wish) in a Carroll County polling place under the direct supervision of the Chief Election Officer.
- Arrive on time and remain at the polling place during your assigned shift.
- Maintain impartiality while serving, not discussing politics, candidates, or issues.
- Dress appropriately: no jeans, shorts, sweats, or T-shirts.
- Use appropriate language and behavior at all times.
In recognition of service provided, you will be sent a "Certificate of Appreciation" following the election. The government teachers will be provided with a list of participants who served on Election Day, so you will receive the appropriate service credit.
WHERE WILL I BE WORKING?
Whenever possible, you will be assigned to your closest or "home" precinct. However, if there are no vacancies at your polling place, you may be assigned to a nearby precinct. The Director of Elections/General Registrar will meet with interested students and provide instructions on the duties you will perform on Election Day.
Fill out the Election Day Participation Program for High School Students form here.
Email or call us at 276-730-3035