Would you like to learn more about the electoral process and earn service learning hours?
The Director of Elections/General Registrar and the Carroll County Electoral Board encourage you to become an election page for our upcoming elections.
AS AN ELECTION PAGE, YOU WILL...
- Serve a 2-hour shift (or more if you wish) in a Carroll County polling place under the direct supervision of the Chief Election Officer.
- Arrive on time and remain at the polling place during your assigned shift.
- Serve in a wholly Non-Partisan manner (no discussion of politics, candidates, or issues).
- Dress appropriately (no jeans, shorts, sweats, or T-shirts).
- Utilize appropriate professional language and behavior at all times.
In recognition of service provided, you will be sent a "Certificate of Appreciation" following the election. The government teachers at your school will be provided with a list of participants who served on Election Day, so you will receive the appropriate service credit.
WHERE WILL I BE WORKING?
Whenever possible, you will be assigned to your closest or "home" precinct. However, if there are no vacancies at your polling place, you may be assigned to a nearby precinct. The Director of Elections/General Registrar will meet with interested students and provide instructions on the duties you will perform on Election Day.
If interested, please contact us via --